Monday, April 28, 2014

Breaking my vow...

Okay, I know I promised not to rehash CountryTime stories, but this one needs to be told. If you have been following this blog, you know that I used to live in a parsonage next door to the 5 Star General of the Bloods. He shot and killed 3 people while living next door to me and may or may not have been responsible for the dead body found 2 blocks away in front of E's school. As a result of gang activity we forced our church to move us, causing all sorts of problems. The church moved us out to the country, 9 miles away from ANYTHING. The first thing I said when I saw the house was "Well, this is a tornado waiting to happen." The trustee leading the house tour scoffed at me and mocked me.

But that is exactly what happened. CountryTime was hit by tornadoes, two of which started just yards away from our house. For two hours, the residents of the house huddled in the bathroom under a mattress while the slow moving tornadoes pummeled them. At one point a hot tub hit the house and I can only imagine the terror the residents felt. The house stood, but all through the neighborhood there were trees on cars and sheds moved miles away. Even E's horses that lived at the end of our road lost their barn completely. I have no idea how they survived.

I hate feeling this way, but I am still angry at those people for moving us out to that house as punishment for complaining about the original house. The thing that really got me, however, was a FB comment made by a church member. Apparently the church neighborhood was also one of the hardest hit neighborhoods yet the church remained unscathed. The member posted that "God loves this church." I so desperately wanted to respond, "So all those other people that lost their houses and lives, did God NOT love them!!!???"

Okay, I promise, this blog is not going to become my place to rant and rave again, but this episode feels like the exclamation point on a sentence that just had to be finished.

No comments: