Sunday, March 27, 2011

Good to Know

I always wondered if I was hallucinating when I saw "things."  I always thought that maybe there is a glitch or a loose wire in my brain that creates this sense of images of the paranormal.  I have never actually hallucinated before, so I had nothing to judge.

But I am incredibly ill.  Whatever this sudden flu is, it has me in a bear hold.  But at least I know now what a hallucination is.  I looked out my back door and saw a large yellow monkey climbing up the gum ball tree.  (Not real chewy gum balls, the seed pod gum balls).  But the monkey was real.  Or at least, my brain saw it as real.  I know there is no such thing as yellow monkeys running wild in the...oops, almost typed my location.  But it sure did look like I could send the raptor out to chase it. So it has to be a hallucination.  Definitely a different sensation entirely.

Rule number 1, one should not Facebook when feverish.  Rule number 2, one should not blog when feverish.

I'm going to go back to the couch now.

5 comments:

catherine said...

drink lots of fluids. Dehydration will make you hallucinate.

RV Vagabonds said...

Had you and the little ones been singing "Five Little Monkeys Sitting in a Tree"? Yellow monkeys. I must say, when you hallucinate, you do it right. Maybe it's a good thing you didn't send the raptor out--what if he saw it too? Hmmm.....

Hope you feel better soon--those are some scary fevers you are having!

Bubblewench said...

Catching up! Hope you are feeling better and the monkeys are gone..

Wide Lawns said...

There are real monkeys in my neighborhood but I've never seen them.

Living in Muddy Waters said...

Wl, I've heard the Miami area has more variety of non-idigenous species than anywhere else in the world thanks to smugglers and the airport.

But this monkey was yellow and looked like something out of planet of the apes.