Friday, January 28, 2011

You get to be the judge

Hubby thinks this joke is funny.  I have heard it twice and, although I get it once he clarifies it, I don't get it.  Here it is, as told by the Assistant to the Grand Poo Bah:

A new pastor is appointed to a church.  While being introduced to the church, he has a conversation with the deacon: "I just needed to warn you about Tootie Green," says the deacon.  "She's a woman in our church who is just beautiful, but she's a vixen and can get a man in a lot of trouble, so just watch out for Tootie Green."

On his first Sunday in the pulpit, the pastor is sitting next to the deacon when a beautiful woman wearing a very short skirt comes walking down the aisle.  She sits on the very front pew, and although he tries not to look, the pastor can't help but notice that the woman isn't wearing any underwear.  Of course, he thinks this is the woman he was warned about, so he turns to the deacon and asks, "Is that Tootie Green?"  The deacon leans over and looks closely, then replies to the pastor, "No--I think it's just the lighting."

7 comments:

Gina said...

BOO! That's bad.

FreeDragon said...

I do believe the new guy was set up.

I can see how it would be funny to a guy.

Charlitan said...

Well. I get the joke, but I don't think it's overly funny. I mean it's not offensive or anything like that, it's just kind of.... I dunno!

No one calls their cha cha a "tootie"! LOL!!! Maybe that's the problem?

Of course, now *I* will! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Here's a definition - see #1: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tootie

Love your writing, and hope these tough times for you and your family will pass soon.

catherine said...

It's exactly the kind of joke I would expect a pastor to say. Half a yuk, but kinda dumb.

Living in Muddy Waters said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Catherine, you must go to church.

Bubblewench said...

I call that a groaner.. rolls eyes..