Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Oh...MY...GOD!!!!!

First off, I have had almost 4 glasses of wine as I write this.  Please forgive any typos that may be forthcoming.

Hubby, E and I made it through the two days with my parents (it would have been three but snow overtook us) and we headed to the middle of our state.  I had found this lovely cabin near our destination to stay in.  We had friends with family in this area come just to spend time with us.  The idea was our two families would meet at the cabin and have dinner.

We arrived exactly at 4:00 as the proprietors had requested to check in...only there were no proprietors.  We walked around the property for 20 minutes waiting for them to arrive.  Finally, after being visited by the mangiest collie I have ever laid eyes on, they arrived and I suddenly heard  banjos playing in the background.  The man was wearing his camouflage pants and orange hat, and the woman had bleached white hair and was missing her front tooth.  The woman apologized for being late, she said they had thought we were arriving tomorrow.  (I have the email that says otherwise.)  And she walked into her house to get some "towels" (they looked as bad as the collie) and led us down to the cabin.

I had looked over their website with a fine-tooth comb.  I was promised a fully stocked cabin with nice furnishings.  What they had in their pictures was not what they actually had!  She showed us upstairs and as I was looking at the bedspread from the 70's when I noticed something.  It was several small objects, oblong and brown.  IT WAS MOUSE DROPPINGS ON THE BED!  I immediately said I couldn't stay there and the woman tried to convince me it was bird droppings.  She tried to tell me that a former customer had left the door open and a bird had come in.  I KNOW BIRD DROPPINGS!!! THIS WAS MOUSE!!!  ON THE BED!!!  It doesn't really matter what it was, the cabin was a good old bait and switch and I was not spending my hard-earned money on it.

Needless to say I am typing this from a very nice Marriott and have had a very nice evening and feeling very tipsy.  Bird droppings my ass!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny in the most awful way. We went to a resort in the DR once (destination wedding), the pics were gorgeous, the place was horrific! So here we are in a dilapidated hotel a gazzillion miles away from home. Lizards in the room, non functioning AC, electricity goes out everyday, you can't flush the toilet paper, it just got worse/ more comical as the stay progressed. Twice we paid the airlines extra money to leave earlier. My friend was a little insulted that we cut our trip short for her wedding but, man, that place was rank.

Enjoy your stay!

/ dw

catherine said...

She says that like bird droppings are any better, lol. Poop is poop!
Enjoy your wine and your sanity break :D

RV Vagabonds said...

Eww, ewww, ewww. The owner of the cabin must have thought you were the typical city slicker, hmm? Good for you for standing firm and going to a hotel.

FreeDragon said...

YUCK!

seryan said...

Oh, DISGUSTING! How would a bird having gotten in be better than mice, anyway? Good for you for walking out, too many people would have stayed because they'd 'made a commitment'. Bait and switch is right - is there any place you can report this to?

Charli-tan said...

Ok, first of all, I read your title and all I could think of was that Sir Mix a Lot Song... and tehn I started to laugh my ass off, right here at work. Excellent!

Also, WTF, mouse poop in the bed?!?! This is why I don't do nature very well. I suppose I'm a bad Pagan, but I almost always prefer a nice hotel room, preferrably with a wet bar (haha) to a cabin in the woods complete with poop of any kind!

Bring some mini shampoos back with you!!!

Bubblewench said...

That's awful! I hate when people do that. And then expect you to still STAY there!! Glad you didn't. And glad you found a Marriott!