Thursday, November 18, 2010

Tiny bites

I am once again ridiculously overscheduled, so I only have time to write about one of the things I promised.  I'll tell you what happened to Hubby since it is the shortest.

Remember before Halloween when I mentioned my dog growled menacingly at some unseen thing in the dark down by the river?  The spot was a point within eyesight of the old hospital and on the grounds of an old river captain's house.  Hubby was walking the raptor at the same spot at almost the same time of evening.   It has a very dark turn at night, so Hubby had his flashlight on to allow cars that might be speeding around the bend to see him. Suddenly he heard heavy footsteps running up behind him.  Terrified he turned around to see nothing but dark night air.  But he felt something.  He said the footsteps brought with them a heavy, cold chill that passed through him.  The sound then turned up the lane to the old house and disappeared.  He was completely freaked out and still had some strange energy lingering on him when I saw him later on that evening.

I wish I could tell you where I live, because you would so totally get why things like that happen here.  My guess is it was some residual energy from a runaway slave or a hunting indian.  There was a large abolitionist movement in this area, as well as one of the largest runaway slave camps during the Civil War.  Not to mention indian artifacts are still regularly found here and some of our roads follow the old hunting paths.

I just thought that it was interesting that this all happened to Hubby without me being there.  Maybe I am rubbing off on him.  For as scared as he was by this, I'm betting he is hoping I didn't.

1 comment:

Bubblewench said...

I think you rubbed off on him a bit. (sorry that sounds dirty)