Thursday, November 11, 2010

Not Sure How I Feel About This

Hubby and I have been passing like two ships in the night for weeks now.  We're also basically playing E tag, stopping at prearranged locations to switch parental duties since we are never together as a family.  So Monday we scheduled a lunch date, just the two of us.

Normally when we go out on a date, we get the heck out of CountryTime because everywhere we go we run into church members.  Alas, Monday we did not have that much time and had to go to a lovely downtown location.  We were sat at a table very near the entrance and ordered an appetizer of homemade guacamole and chips.  Our appetizer arrived and there we were, sitting and talking and snacking when of course, a church member walked in to the restaurant.

She came over to our table to chat for a moment and saw our chips.  Then, without warning, she reached into the chip bowl and grabbed a chip and helped herself.  I sat there stunned.  I barely know this woman, but Hubby knows her fairly well as her husband just recently died.  If one of my friends walked up to me in a restaurant and plucked food off my table, I would probably think nothing of it.  But this woman was a stranger to me and it just felt, well, rude.  Maybe I am just being overly sensitive since I am so sick of the people here, but....

I just keep thinking of the Friend's episode where Joey keeps yelling "Joey doesn't share food!"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Country Time has no fucking manners, does it? I would NEVER assume I could just take a chip without asking. The nerve of her is galling. I hope you can get outta there sooner than later.

/ dw

EricaM said...

That seems awkward and rude, and I wouldn't just reach over and take food off of even my fathers plate! I wouldn't even do that to my boyfriend without asking! What the eff is wrong with those people..

FreeDragon said...

I agree with Anonymous... I feel badly for stealing Kevin's chips.

Gina said...

It probably wouldn't bother me EXCEPT for the fact that these people have consistently treated you like crap.

Donna said...

Yeah, but having BTDT, I would cut her some slack since her husband just died. Grief can make you act really weird. Maybe she hasn't felt much like eating and the chip just looked good!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow....No Boundaries! Seriously, picking through your basket, eating your food, what's next - walking on in your home and testing the bed and shower, taking a gulp of milk from the fridge and slugging it right out of the carton? These people are beyond nuts. Not to get too nosey, but what's the population of this town, more or less?

amysue in texas

seryan said...

You should have looked her dead in the eye and said something like: "So you know I have *insert illness* and have been double-dipping, right?"

Bubblewench said...

That is strange even if you KNOW the person....