Monday, October 11, 2010

To top it all off

A parent interrupted my theater class today to yell at me because I dared to enforce the consequence written into the contract for the program for not adhering to the dress code.  She said, and I quote, "I pay too much damn money for my child to just observe a class because she's not wearing black jazz pants!"

Now tell me, we have had 4 weeks of classes.  Every week I have asked these children to please wear black jazz pants.  They knew it was the rule before our session even started.  By signing the contract AND the separate incidental form stating they had specifically read the point about the dress code, they agreed to abide by our rules.  It's not fair to the kids who do follow the rules to have to watch the other kids NOT follow the rules.  But you go right ahead and yell at me, giving your child yet an even greater sense of entitlement.  My daughter will be their lawyer when they go to jail in their 30's.

Damn I hate this town.

2 comments:

Lau said...

Your absolutly right, rules are the rule.

RV Vagabonds said...

Stand firm and be strong. It's YOUR class, your rules, they signed the contract. "Teach your children well...." (see, I can play that game too! ;P )