Monday, September 27, 2010

A Post Just for Jenn

Jenn is my best friend from way back in 6th grade.  We have a lot of history between us, so I hope you will excuse me if I write just a brief snippet of a post for her today.  I doubt anyone else will get it but it will make me happy and I need some "me happy" right now.

Okay, so Jenn, I have some Paul Young songs loaded on my MP3 player for working out.  Tear Your Playhouse Down came on.  It has that part, you remember, don't you?  If you don't, you need to listen to it.  Turned me back into a 14 year old for just a short moment.

Paul Young sweated on us...he really did!  OMG!!

Okay, that is all from Angsty Teenage Muddy .  Tomorrow I will return to bitter, acerbic and old Muddy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! I just went on utube to watch the video from 1984. Paul Young was rockin the mullet back then! I have his songs on a casset tape along with Vitamin Z (remember them?) My kids don't even know what a casset tape is, I really need to update!

He did sweat on us! We had so much fun! Thanks for the memory...I needed it today myself.

J

Wide Lawns said...

I LOVE Paul Young!! I thought I was alone in this. My parents had his tape when I was little and played it over and over in our Buick. I loved the Why Don't You Come Back Please Hurry Song and the one about the Common People. I actually made an 80s mix cd for my car and both of those songs are on it. You are truly a kindred spirit.