Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Night Visitor

I have a night visitor.  I've actually had her for a while, at least since we moved here, but she comes and goes.  I've mentioned her before; she comes in at night and makes strange, chewing sounds.  I think she is what makes the raptor bark for no reason at night as well.  We have these super-sensitive touch lamps in the living room and Hubby will turn them off before we go to bed at night.  Sometimes, in the morning, the lamps are back on. It's almost as if she is afraid of the dark.

I don't know who she is, but I think she is young.  I know she is terrified because whenever she comes to me I bolt straight up out of a dead sleep and feel this flash of white hot fear.  I feel like I am entrenched in seaweed and I kick the sheets off of me just in case.  Then I hear her just chewing, chewing, chewing, until I can finally block her from my mind. 

I don't dare ask her what she wants.  I can't open that door right now.  I just wish I knew why (or what) she was chewing.

4 comments:

ElectricDaisy said...

This gave me chills!

Also, I read you through Google Reader so I don't see your actual site very often, but I like the new background!

Anonymous said...

Maybe she's trying to chew herself free of the ropes they tied her with.

Anonymous said...

The chewing sounds make it sound like a poltergeist wanting entry. Be careful.

Bubblewench said...

Chewing gives me the chills...

love the new blog look!