Monday, September 6, 2010

Found on a Friend's Facebook Page

Cherokee elder was teaching his grandchildren about the meaning of life. He said to them, "There is a fight going on inside of me, it is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One wolf is evil, he is fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, competition, superiority and ego. The other wolf is good, he is joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith. This same fight is going on inside all of you, in fact it is going on inside everyone on earth." The children thought about this for a very long time and then one child asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?" The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

I need to learn whom to feed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was beautiful. I'll remember this. thank you!

L.

Bubblewench said...

Not sure if you got this...

But I love this post because I have two wolves tattooed on my back. Odd coincidence, this story is part of what drove me to them...

(other comment was similar but not the same - got an error message when I hit submit)

Bubblewench said...

3rd time?

Not sure if you got this...

But I love this post because I have two wolves tattooed on my back. Odd coincidence, this story is part of what drove me to them...

(other comment was similar but not the same - got an error message when I hit submit)