Monday, September 20, 2010

Bombs, Planes and Licensed to Kill

I should have known something was up around here when I was still living in our old house and looking for jobs.  Remember this post?  About two months after we moved I started to hear what sounded like bombs and mortar attacks.  I know it sounds weird but I really didn't think anything about it because the area where we used to live had a geographic phenomenon that occured when two tectonic plates rubbed together in the ocean.  It sounds like a battle.  But one day when I mentioned it to a church member, she said, "Oh, that's just CIA Point."  When I asked her about it she told me that about 10 miles away there was a topsecret CIA training ground.  Everyone around here knows its there, but nobody talks about it.

This started to make some things very clear.  We have several church members who work for this location.   They never tell anyone exactly what they do, but every person thinks they do something else.  For example, one day I asked Matt what he did.  He told me that he works in sales.  He told Hubby that he trains people in Afghanistan and he told yet another person that he was an EMT.  Which is it?

The people who took us out Saturday night are friends with several people who work there.  Apparently all of the employees have to take lie detector tests once a month.  I even had a three-year old student whose dad works there.  The student started telling me things about his dad and I insisted he stop.  They were things I didn't want to know!  Not only that, I was afraid what would happen to me if the guy thought his son talked to me about anything important.  HE DIDN'T I SWEAR!  But this place is that scary.

We have weird planes fly overhead.  They are always solid black.  I am no stranger to military aircraft because of my dad, but some of these things look like UFO's.  And sometimes, late at night, something flies over that shakes the house and sounds as if it is just 10 feet above us.  There are no airports within 90 minutes of me.  We shouldn't have anything flying that close to us.

But the weirdest (and possibly scariest) thing of all is the dead birds.  Several times a year for a few days at a time, you will suddenly encounter dead birds everywhere.  It's as if a poison has been released or some sort of ultra-sonic wave is being tested.  When I asked other people if they had noticed how many dead birds we have around they all kind of shushed me and denied it.  I can't help but think it is related to the base.

Where else but CountryTime could you have a supersecret CIA base?  I even looked it up online and there's no mention of it.  You can see it on Google Earth, but other than that, it doesn't exist.  Just another strange secret kept by this odd town.

6 comments:

Jo said...

If you can see it on Google Earth it isn't what you think it is. Do you really think they're that stupid?

Living in Muddy Waters said...

You can't see it by name on Google Earth, you just see the military gates. It's actually mostly underground.

Anonymous said...

"No Such Agency" was like that when we were growing up. I wasn't allowed to tell people where my dad worked. Although most of the families in our neighborhood had at least one parent who worked there. Even after they "went public" we still weren't really supposed to talk about it. To this day if you ask my mother what he did for a living she'll tell you he was an analyst. Apparently that's code for spy.

assassin

FreeDragon said...

I think you really need to move. Every small town has something odd about it, but this is over the top.

RV Vagabonds said...

If something is killing the birds, what is it doing to the human population? Just wondering.

Bubblewench said...

You really need to get the hell outta there! That's creepy!