Thursday, September 16, 2010

Be Careful What you Teach

Hubby and I have been crazy busy for several weeks now and poor E has been passed back and forth between us a like a tetherball.  She has had to go to meetings and only gets brief snippets of time when we are all together.  Hubby was out of town today and I had finally finished all of my commitments for a while so we decided to have a mommy-daughter date.  I wanted to be "fun" mommy so I tried to be upbeat and silly.

As we were walking the raptor before our "date", E got a little slap happy and started to playfully smack me.  I started to smack her back and then taught her about "two for flinching."  She had never heard of that expression but it intrigued her because she felt like it meant she got "extra" hits.

I had forgotten about it by the time we went swimming at the Y until she was standing face to face with me and all of a sudden her fist lashed out and she punched me between the eyes.  She hit me so hard by teeth clanked together.  Her eyes became round and she started to shake, so upset that she had actually hit me.  I grabbed my nose and started laughing so hard that I actually had tears running down my cheeks (maybe it was the pain, too).  She just kept repeating, "I only wanted to make you flinch."

Serves me right, I guess.

2 comments:

RV Vagabonds said...

Next lesson, depth perception.

Bubblewench said...

You so deserved that. Glad you laughed. :)