Monday, August 30, 2010

Snapshot of Life

Tonight was one of those times when I wish I could capture a moment just as I would a lightning bug in a jar.  Hubby was outside grilling chicken and zucchini, all the while fending E off as she pummeled him with a plastic sword.  E was giggling and jabbering away while the raptor barked to be included.   I was in the kitchen cutting up cantaloupe, just taking in the mayhem, and I thought to myself, "How blessed am I to have this family?"  No matter what else is going on, I have this protective little cocoon of love that keeps me going on my darkest days.

After dinner E turned on her Netflix to check the weather and started saying, "Naples?  There's a place called Naples?  It looks like Nipples!"  Hubby and I just hung our heads and laughed at our unabashed child which only encouraged her.  Soon she was running around with the dog chasing her as she yelled "NIPPLES FLORIDA!!!" at the top of her lungs.  Only a pastor's child.

**Just a sidebar, I can track the paths people take to get to my blog.  The number one way peeople find me is when they Google "Muddy Boobs"-which connects "Muddy" (obvious) and "boobs" (boobs from my Smooshed Boobs and other Randomness post)  and voila! I can't wait to see how many hits I get from "Muddy Nipples."

3 comments:

Bubblewench said...

Isn't that a drink? Cute. :)

FreeDragon said...

What kind of a person searches for muddy boobs? And how disappointed are they for finding a preacher's wife?

Anonymous said...

I have those kind of moments. I think of them as scenes that will go on the highlight reel of my life.

~tamjenic