Saturday, June 19, 2010

Do you believe in spells?

Your mind is a pretty powerful thing.  It can make you do things you never thought you could do and it can hold you back when you really should be able to do something.  And it can suck you into someone else's drama in a heartbeat.

And that's what happened to me.  I allowed myself to be sucked into someone else's drama.  Never...ever...allow a psychic vampire to draw you in.  I can guarantee it will always end badly.

The next day at rehearsal Charlitan stayed attached to my hip.  We knew that PV was going to try to get hold of me and find out what I knew and didn't know about all things spiritual.   He was fascinated with the occult and ghosts and his own supposed power.  Sure enough, as soon as he could, he came over and asked me what last night was all about.  Our conversation started out fine because I knew the best way to deal with a PV was to get him talking about himself.  I told him that I had seen a ghost but I knew he had already experienced it and asked him what he thought was going on.  That set him off on a long diatribe about how the ghost had told him she had been shot by a jealous lover and that she was trying to prevent the show from going on in her theater, thus Carol's accident.  He even thought the ghost had possessed Carol and made her jump on the glass counter.  Charlitan and I just kept taking tiny glances at each other trying to stifle the urge to cough into our hands while whispering "bullshit."

Our conversation continued as he told us all about the "coven" he was starting and how we would be great additions to it even though we weren't "true" witches.  He would teach us all we needed to know.  Remember, I am not now nor was I ever a witch.  I only know what Charlitan has taught me about witchcraft and, other than Tarot cards, we both insisted the only things I learned would be things that would protect  me from outside forces, things non-witchy people, even Christian people unknowingly do every day to protect themselves.  We gave him a non-committal answer and rehearsal started.

Remember in Elise's story where I mentioned if you let one paranormal thing into your conscience you open yourself up to any paranormal thing?   I had really never had a reason to worry about that.  Even with everything that had happened in  my life, I had never felt threatened or even really connected.  But that night after rehearsal PV came up to give me a hug.  He had never hugged me before and I had know idea why he was doing it then, but I allowed it.  That was my big mistake.

As he walked away I started having a severe pain in my side.  And I started to feel flushed and hot.  It was almost as if I was suddenly developing the flu.  Things started getting fuzzy and it got to the point that I couldn't stand up.  We were all in the lobby and I didn't want to make a scene, so Charlitan and I claimed to have left something in the theater and I went into the cool dark interior to lay down and hopefully let this pass.

Only it didn't pass, the pain in my side increased ten-fold.  I was writhing on the floor gasping.  I was so out of it I am not sure of the timeline, but I remember the ghost appeared at my head, sat down beside me and put her cool hand on my face.  There was nothing malicious or evil about her and I could feel her concern.  Charlitan began to suspect PV, in his idiocy, had tried to cast a spell on me for some unknown reason.  She rolled up her sleeves and laid her hand on  my side and went to work trying to remove his energy.

Now this is where your mind comes in.  I wasn't aware at the time that Charlitan thought this was a spell.  I was in so much pain I didn't even know what she was doing.  But as I laid there I began to feel people gather around me.  I thought the cast had come in and I was horribly embarrassed.  I heard murmurs and felt hands all over my body, trying to hold me down and prevent me from hurting myself.  Gradually the pain receded and the hands fell away.  The noises stopped and I was left sitting with Charlitan and the ghost woman.  The ghost woman wasn't as real as she had been the night before, but I could still feel her there.

When I was finally able to sit up I asked Charlitan who had come in to help her. No one had.  It had just been her.  I looked around in disbelief.  Surely SOMEONE had come in.  But there was no one there.  In fact, when we left the theater area, the only people left in the lobby where PV and his lover.  PV hd a sarcastic little smile on his face which he quickly turned into a look of concern.  I was pretty pissed by this time and, in a barely controlled voice, asked what the hell he had done to me.

He was so excited that whatever he had done had worked.  He said he didn't mean to hurt me but he was so proud that he could do it.  To this day I don't know if he injected me with something, slipped something in my drink, or really cast a spell on me.  All I knew is that I had become his target.

Tomorrow:  Dark Spiritual Alleys

3 comments:

EvylFashionista said...

PV sounds like a complete jackass! No matter what form of attack he used on you, it was completely wrong of him to do it. So much for "do what thou wilt and harm none".

I can't wait to read what happened next. :-)

Anonymous said...

You are fast becoming one of my favorite bloggers with your ghost posts!

Bubblewench said...

Oh no. PV is an evil one huh. I always called people like that soul suckers or energey theives. I have had a few in my life and am glad they are gone. Avoid at all costs!!