Sunday, May 30, 2010

Continuation

So as I pulled his car out of the parking lot I turned the wrong way on a one way street. I wasn't drunk, but something about the close proximity to him was kind of muddling my brain and I just couldn't think straight. I am very sensory oriented and he had this most amazing cologne on, plus he wore a dark green winter coat that smelled of fir tree and fireplace smoke, as if he had just been hiking in snowy hills. I know, silly, but I was young and smitten.

It was only a mile to my house but it was 11 miles to his house and his fuel light was blinking E in his car (I would later find out he does this on a regular basis-STILL). I planned on sending him home in a few hours after he had sobered up and knew it was only going to get colder as the night grew on. I didn't want him to have to fill up his gas tank at 2:00 AM in my neighborhood (an iffy place at that time) in the bitter cold, and since I was going the wrong way anyway, I made a stop at the gas station on the corner to insist he get gas.

He reluctantly got out of the car, filled the tank and tucked himself back into the passenger seat. As I was about to put the car into gear, he leaned over and said, "I really want to kiss you right now." I looked into his slightly unfocused drunken eyes, smelled the mixture of cologne and woodsy-ness, heard that deep southern drawl that to this day makes me a little weak, and I swear it felt like the walls of the car closed in on me. I replied, "What's stopping you?" Now I know you are expecting to hear he gave me a big-ol' sloppy drunken slobbery one that made me shove him out of the car. But he didn't. He leaned in very slowly and gave me this "long, slow, deep, soft, wet kiss that lasted three days." I always thought those cheesy romance novels made up the explosions and fireworks when the heroine and her lover kissed for the first time, but I honest to God felt a lightning bolt run through my body and my mind went completely silent for the first time in my life. It was one heck of a first kiss. I knew I was in trouble, but I had also made a promise to him to bring him home for coffee to sober him up.

I crossed my fingers, pulled out of the gas station parking lot and said a silent prayer that my roommates would be home.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Bubblewench said...

OOH! Gave me goosebumps. Now this, THIS is a happy story.. Making me smile. :)