Friday, April 2, 2010

5475

Today I have been married 5475 days, or 15 years. I was a child when I met my husband and married him on a hill by a river. I thought the world was going to open up before me and we would travel to exotic places on our high paying salaries provided by our jobs that only required us to work 20 hours a week.

Instead I am about to pay a $10,000 tax bill with money I don't have, I am living in a neighborhood that is being populated more and more by people in black shirts with guns, and I am constantly telling church people I am not like my husband only to have them not believe me. Have you ever tried to be yourself only to have people insist that you are not who you say you are? Oh, and did I mention I am the owner of a dog who chewed through a computer powercord and lived?

But you know what? Even if I had seen the future all those years ago and known I would be in such dire straits now, I would still walk down that bed and breakfast's garden pathway and stand under a vine-laced trellis as the river rolled by. I would still have told my dad no when he offered to shove me into the car and drive off instead of giving me away. I would still have promised to "love, honor and cherish" the man who I have woken up next to for 15 years. Because no matter what happens, I'd rather go through all the bad stuff every single day with him than have one stellar, million dollar day without him.

Here's to the next 15 years Hubby.

6 comments:

Brandie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...

Happy Anniversary! It's nice to know you'd do it all again.

Charli-tan said...

@Brandie, LIMW doesn't have a mentally diabled brother or a husband who would ask her to do such a thing. Your comment is confusing, clarify, please? LIMW's hubby is awesome, he would not turn away anyone in need and he certainly would never throw out a family member..? I am confused. But LIMW and her hubby are not people who have or would ever throw anyone out of their homes or their lives, they are compassionate good people, so.. confused?

Also, Happy Anniversary!

Linda and Denny/RV Vagabonds said...

Happy Anniversary with wishes for many, many more to come in the future. And better times for you.

Bubblewench said...

Very beautiful. Happy Anniversary!

"I'd rather go through all the bad stuff every single day with him than have one stellar, million dollar day without him" - that is what I think whenever I start getting stressed about everything.. and it's so true. :)

Brandie said...

I do apologize for the confusion. I was reflecting on my own circumstances.