Friday, December 18, 2009

Update

For those of you who think I have gone over the edge, I wanted to let you know I am fine. I landed in the doctor's office again this morning. Apparently I am not a good candidate for antihistamines. The Allegra I have been taking brought on pseudo-heart attack symptoms, anxiety and OCD-like tendencies.

I stoppped taking it two days ago and noticed a 75% improvement in my mood and pain. Since my heart still hurt this morning I went to my doc who gave me a thorough check, EKG and spent an hour talking to me. He thinks this continuing cough is allergen related and the pain is mechanical from the trauma my body experienced from the infection causing the cough. So I have been cleared for take-off.

I apologize for taking you all on my wild-emotional ride. I had no idea it was all medically induced. I'm off for my date day with Hubby. Tomorrow maybe I'll tell you about the people I am working with in my theater. One is a former Miss State (as in, contender for Miss America) and the other is, well, that's going to take a while.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, you're not damaged - just overmedicated ;-)

~Tamjenic

Charli-tan said...

Glad you're better!

FreeDragon said...

I've been off the net for a while so today on my lunch hour I caught up on your blog. First the woman and dog just tripped me out and I can't believe more people didn't comment on that aspect of your post. What happened to the poor woman? Did she lose a baby? Empty nest syndrone? Does the dog have seperation issues and things got out of hand? A part of me also wants to know if that was a small breed dog or a big german shepard. Don't tell me, I think I would trip more.
As for the doing it all- I'm having that problem myself right now. Somehow I went from being a cool, liberal minded, sassy woman to...my mother. It is very depressing. I have BA and I spend most of my thinking about what to cook for dinner. Each day the alarm clock goes off at 4:30 am. I get up, start the coffee, turn the washer, and feed the dogs. I wash dishes, pack lunches, sweep, make sure my man gets out the door on time, I get dressed, I make the bed, and empty trash on the way to work. What happens if I do nothing? The dogs tear up the house, the trash stinks, my man is a grump for 24 hours, I'm hungry, and the bed doesn't feel very clean at night. My friend told me I seemed more stressed out. Gee, ya think? And now of course it is Christmas so I am shopping, wrapping boxes, wondering how I can not go to a party without offending someone. To help myself I made a notebook of my life. My garden, my sewing, my cooking, all of it. Each day I pick 7 things to do. 7 is my firm limit. I will not worry about anything else until I do my 7. Sometimes this works great. Sometimes it doesn't work at all. Sometimes I can only do 3 and four end up on the next day's list. If I don't follow my list at all I end up in the kitchen slowly turning in circles trying to figure out what to do.
I don't really have an answer for you, I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. If I worry too much my neck and head start to ache. I realize I'm running into walls that I built but I don't know what to do about it. Should I ever learn the secret to a stress-free life you will be the first to know.
I hope things get better for you.

Bubblewench said...

Glad you're doing better! I hate those meds, give me panic attacks too. I avoid them.