Sunday, October 4, 2009

Not Fair

I call foul on all things psychic in my life. It's bad enough when I have "those" dreams, but to have one when Hubby's away is just not fair. You have to understand, there is a different feel to one of my regular, old, naked in front of coworkers kind of dream and a dream were I feel like something is happening. In "those" dreams, usually I am not myself, I am the person I am dreaming about.

Last Monday I had a dream that I was drowning under a huge wave of water. It happened all night long. I would wake myself up only to fall back asleep and have that dead body floating just beneath the surface kind of feeling. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions on that.

But last night I had two occurences. The second one was brief and more of a flashing image as I fell asleep. I dreamt I was in a library with hard-wood floors and a man had shot a mother and child. He was lying on the floor and still shooting at people trying to escape. I don't know if this has already happened or will happen, but it scared the crap out of me.

The first one was the most horrifying one. I dreamt I was a woman who had come home to find her front door open. I went next door to get the neighbor woman. Together we walked into the house to find the tv on. I questioned it, but thought I might have left it on when I left. There was nothing else unusual about the first floor so we climbed the stairs. When we got to the top we entered a pink room with white Scandinavian furniture. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary until we turned to see a door that led to the storage space swing open and a man come barreling out. The other woman and I ran for the stairs but the man beat us to them and blocked our escape. I ran back into the room and grabbed something off the child's desk that was there. I picked up a pair of child's safety scissors and tried to stab the man, but it was obviously ineffectual.

Just as he was starting to overpower me, I managed to wake myself up. My hands were clenched in tight fists and my entire body was tense and sore. But it was the air. The air in my room was ice cold. And I know I was awake because it took me almost an hour to get back to sleep. The air warmed quickly, but that cold prickly sensation lasted for a few minutes.

I don't know why I dreamed either thing, if they meant anything or if they were anything more than just dreams. Maybe I have just been under too much stress lately and this is how it manifested itself, but I was terrified. I still am.

I'll be glad when Hubby gets home.

1 comment:

Bubblewench said...

Wow. You do have some vivid crazy dreams. I hope everything is ok.