Thursday, September 10, 2009

Deep Breath-es-es 2

I hate Facebook. I really do. I keep telling myself that I should just delete my account and move on. Somehow it instantly takes me back to the drama of high school and I am that pimply-faced, awkward teenager all over again.

I recently joined an alumni page for my former performing arts high school. The administrator of the site asked very specifically for information regarding this one guy whom I happened to have information about. I left it on the site that he had been at my college for a little while, developed some sort of illness (lupus) and disappeared. I got my information a little wrong, he hadn't been attending my college, he had been trying to get in and was working at the coffee shop in town to make money and still get to know people. He did tell me he had lupus, however, I remember that specifically because I was going through a lupus scare at the same time.

Anywho, he appeared on FB and basically made me appear to be some lunatic liar. I can handle a lot of things, but DON'T call me a liar. I got all huffy and peeved and got sucked right back into the drama until I remembered...he was always lying in high school. ALWAYS! You couldn't believe a thing he said and I was a target for him every time because back then I was pretty gullible. I walked right into it again. I'm such a dork.

So I just left his comment alone and decided I don't need to defend myself. I am 39 not 16 and I have a life.

Speaking of life, the church that inspired all of the Tales from the Parsonage has found my husband on FB and all of the people are starting to friend him. Of course, I know they won't try to friend me, so I am safe. BUT...since they have been thinking about him so much lately they asked for him to come back in May and preach at their Homecoming. Hubby told me that and I just went cold. I shook my head and didn't say a word. The audacity of those people, especially after how they treated me at Christi's funeral. But then again, Hubby's the rock star and I am just the groupie. Hubby hasn't decided if he is going to do it or not but I know one thing, if he does do it, I will not be there!

Boy, I'm bitter today. Must be the rain.

One last thing... I was teaching my class yesterday and standing in the hall waiting for child to come back from the bathroom when I saw someone standing in the hallway out of the corner of my eye. It made me jump because I am locked away on a 3rd floor and no one has access to me. But just as soon as I saw it, it was gone. My little kid, however, was returning from the bathroom and said, "Miss Muddy, who was that?" I looked at the kid and said there was no one there and he said, "Yes there was, he was standing right there." And he pointed to exactly where I had seen the figure. CREEPY!

6 comments:

rockygrace said...

Wow, that IS creepy!

And thanks for giving me yet another reason to never join Facebook.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if your hall spirit will always be in the same spot . . . and what they want?

catherine said...

I came too late here and missed all the drama that happened before. Do you have it written down anywhere? It sounds like it was very tramatic.

Living in Muddy Waters said...

Catherine,
Tales from the Parsonage can be found in my March of 2009 section. I am too computer illiterate to know how to put the label up to make a direct link.

Aon: I don't think the spirit wanted anything. I think it might have been residual. There was no scary feeling associated with it from me or my preschooler.

catherine said...

I just read over the archives.
It is unbelievable how they treated you. The fact they were all related and had such hate in their hearts reminds me of Westboro Baptist church. Just saying you are a christian automatically make you one. I used to work as a chef and it was the "christians" who were the most abusive to staff.

I'm not into organized religion, although I do believe in God, He is everywhere, anytime you need Him. Not just in church on sundays. No one has the right to claim Him as only theirs (God is on our side).

I hope you do much better at your new church. You don't deserve to be treated that way. No one does.

catherine said...

Edit, I need to proofread before I post :(

Just saying you are a christian DOESN'T automatically make you one.