Monday, June 29, 2009

Pinch Me, I Must Be Dreaming

I have gone to the land of CountryTime Lemonade. I swear, small town Americana truly exists! I was in the Walmart yesterday getting my tire fixed and an old man just started talking to me telling me about being married to his wife for 60 years. He was wearing a WWII Pacific Theater hat and we had a nice little chat. A total stranger took the time to talk to me?!

Then I took E to the movies today. I paid a whopping THREE dollars for a matinee ticket. THREE DOLLARS? I haven't paid that since 1988! And, the man taking the cash (because cash is all they take) was the owner of the theater. A customer walked up to the window, called the owner by name and asked if he could drop his kids off to watch the movie while he ran an errand. He said he'd be back in about 20minutes (because that's all it takes to go to the end of town and back.) The owner said sure and in walked 4 kids between the age of 10 and 4. WHO DOES THAT IN THIS WORLD!?

On a bad note, we were all exposed to swine flu about 3 weeks ago and now E has a really deep chest cough. I didn't think the incubation period took that long, but I am wondering if she is coming down with it. Not that I am worried, it's just a flu, but still, we don't have a pediatrician or tv to keep her occupied if she becomes sicker.

Oh well, off to make dinner in my kitchen with a total of two drawers and 3 feet of counter space. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

I talk to total strangers all the time up here. It's the people I know I avoid.

Bubblewench said...

Wow! Sound like you could really get into a decent groove there. It's nice to have good people around you.