Saturday, April 4, 2009

So THAT'S What They Meant

Bay City Rollers "Elevator" Song for LIMW at 12:

Ride my elevator
Don't say no my escalator
Ride my elevator--ride
Come with me my oscillator
Ride my elevator--ride
"Hey Mommy, they're talking about going to the mall."
Bay City Rollers "Elevator" Song for LIMW at 38 with child:
Ride my elevator
Don't say no my escalator
Ride my elevator--ride
Come with me my oscillator
Ride my elevator--ride
"HUBBY! You can't let E listen to that! I never knew THAT'S what they were talking about!"
I was SO naive.

2 comments:

tamjenic said...

6 yr old daughter sings "I kissed a girl & I liked it"...

Anonymous said...

Um, my parents took me to see Grease when I was 8 because THEY wanted to see it. I loved it! I. of course, had no idea what any of the double entendres meant and the songs were way over my head. It took me years - YEARS I say! - before the meanings of the songs caught up to me.

/ dw