Sunday, April 26, 2009

As I was saying....

If you remember this former post:

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Going on Record
Okay, I'm going to go to go record and say that before this month is over, there is going to be a lot more discussion regarding this year's flu reports. We have been hearing all flu season how the flu vaccinations given this year "hit the mark" and did "pretty well" at fighting it off. Tell that to my school. We had someone come in and vaccinate the whole school in November and today we had a less than 40% attendance rate. The culprit, the flu. And it's starting to trickle out into our community. This may be the worst season in a long time.


I just have to wonder if what went through my school was the swine flu. It occured just as all the migrant workers got to our state for the berry fields. Plus we had several students who vacationed in Mexico prior to that. Hmmm.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

We've had a lot of flu - seems most of it is past now. I never get the shot and I never get the flu as bad as everyone else seems to. I worry about my son though - he just got back from Guadalajara

Wide Lawns said...

Oh my goodness! You're right. I remember when you made that prediction! You're psychic. I have a sore throat and I've been worrying all morning that it's swine flu.