Saturday, March 21, 2009

Talk Me Down

I was doing so well.

I really was.

I was breathing and calm, trying to keep a level head about everything. But today...

TODAY I FEEL INSANE!!!!!

What's our new church going to be like? What's the parsonage going to be like? Are the people going to be supportive or mean and grumpy? Am I going to be able to find a new job? Hubby's not getting the huge raise we were promised, are we going to be able to make ends meet until I DO find a job? Will E adjust? Will my parents ever forgive me for moving 5 hours away when they just moved here to be closer to me? Is this all going to work out? Will our current church be able to pay Hubby his back salary or are his future paychecks in jeopardy now as well?

I know...I know...it will. It will all be okay and it will all be what I make of it. I know these things but that doesn't stop my head from spinning. I want to just pack up and leave now. I don't want to go through the process of telling my school parents. I don't want to finish out this school year being unhappy. I don't like long, drawn out goodbyes. Raise a margarita with me and send me off! Don't make me sit here for the next three months and listen to people bemoan the fact that we are leaving.

It's days like this that I wish I had a vice stronger than Diet Coke. Speaking of which, someone STOLE my diet coke out of our work refrigerator yesterday, drank HALF of it and put it back in the fridge! They couldn't even be bothered to drink the whole thing and hide the evidence! Bastards!

Okay, meltdown over, time to get it together and go back to being the totally together SUPERWOMAN! Thanks for noticing me.

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

Isn't it law there that employees get paid what they are owed? If the local congregation can't pay it then the parent church should.

At this point, I wouldn't even be gracious to the folks you are leaving behind. After all, you were never given an option ever while they were. Come up with a stock phrase if they start moaning.
Sorry, I have my own problems dealing with this especially as I've had no control over any of it. I'm more a victim than you are.

cbrks12 said...

Oh, man do I know what you mean about the Diet Coke theivery feeling. Everyone in this house knows not to touch my Diet Coke but sometimes they sneak a half. Grrr!!

If only all life's issues were as easy to solve though. A new Diet Coke and all is well. Hang in there, all will be revealed. Just breathe.

tamjenic said...

Stealing Diet Coke = justifiable homicide. IMO

charli-tan said...

It's not funny, but the diet coke thing made me laugh out loud... all these serious concerns and issues and oh yeah, SOMEONE TOOK MY DIET COKE AND DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE BALLS TO DRINK THE WHOLE THING!
Bastards!!!!!
Hang in there!

Bubblewench said...

The diet coke thing is just flat wrong. I had a small single serving of hummas in a package. Someone opened the package, ate a few bites and put it back in the fridge. Of course I had to throw it away. How do I know they didnt' spit in it?

I was pissed. Too bad it happens ALL THE TIME around here.

floridagirl said...

Drinking of someone else's Diet Coke is indeed a sin! I bring 2 per day and stash them in my work frig- no one has ever taken them.
I also sympathize with the rushes of emotions over things which you have no control over- I had to talk myself down in the Publix parking lot on Saturday before I could go inside. I think you are somehow my long lost sister!! Hang in there!!!