Thursday, March 19, 2009

Questionable for Work Place Material!!!!

BE WARNED...I'M GOING TO USE THE "V" WORD!



Okay, now that you've looked around to make sure no boss or child is about, I just wanted to share my odd thought for the day. So I had my yearly OB appointment today. And no, I am not going to regale you with lovely intimate or gory details of the appointment. If you're a woman, you know; if you're a man, you don't want to know. But, what I do want to talk about is all of the vaginas running around the office.

There were pictures of vaginas, models of vaginas, advertisements with little vagina pen holders (no phallic symbol there). There was a little day calendar that had a cervix that you could touch that supposedly felt like a real cervix. They were everywhere! So this is my thought. I used to work in a bakery. By the end of the day I could not stand the sight of donuts. Even today, the smell can make me either very happy or VERY sick depending on my mood because I made so many damn donuts. I also work with kids. By the end of the day I need a little time where I am kidless. That means no E, no neighborhood kids, no hugs, no touching, no projectile body mucus anywhere near me. I get tired of seeing, smelling, hearing or touching kids.

SO: Do Ob's feel the same way? Do they walk out of their offices at the end of the day and go "NO MORE!!! No more vaginas!" Do the husbands ever go home and just say "Thanks but no thanks, Honey, I need a break from work." I mean, really, I was overwhelmed with all of the stuff. Vaginal paraphernalia is a big business in the medical world.

Hmm...what does that say about proctologists?

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

hahaha

I can't speak about OBGyns but a past GP, when I expressed my distaste for the internal exam while he was doing his thing, acted shocked and said "Really? This is my favourite!" Which was funny even though it was true (he was quite a womanizer) and instead of feeling really inappropriate, made me relax and hate it a little less.

Jeannie said...

p.s. I just wonder if they ever go home and want to play doctor

FreeDragon said...

LOL and LOL some more.
You've GOT to be making that up! V's all over the office?! I think you've found the answer to penis envy.

Living in Muddy Waters said...

Not making it up. It took me the longest time to figure out the cervix thing, though. Seriously, next time you go to the OB, really look around the inner office and exam room!

charli-tan said...

Where do I sign up to go to this OB????
Sounds like my kind of place!:-)

jennjy said...

My OBs office is like that too... I always wondered if they well new how to do it better or worse than hubby LOL you know because they are the expert on how it all works...