Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Life Flashed Before My Eyes.....

E and I went to Toys R' Us to get a birthday present for a party she's going to this weekend. She picked something out and, since it was a rainy day and we didn't have anything else to do, we wandered the aisles while she oohed and aahed. We came to the posters and of course, she had to stop to look at them. She is fanatical about High School Musical. At 7 she just can't get enough of it. Never underestimate the power of Disney. They really do rule the world.

Anywho, the posters were out of order, only I was completely zoned out and didn't notice that. She turned to a poster with the 3 guys from HSM and in her best LOUD redneck Southern twang she said:

"NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!"
As God is my witness my heart skipped a beat and I almost choked on my own vomit right there. I felt like a fish out of water gulping for air. I regained my wits and very slowly said, "Um, E, I think you're a little too young to be interested in boys, sweetheart." To which she replied, "No Mommy, the poster wasn't were it was supposed to be. I just found it."
Thank goodness. But when did my daughter become Flo from Alice?

No comments: