Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Valentine's Day Guest Post

Some of you may wonder, Is there really a Hubby? Why does he never comment on her blog? Well, I pretty much leave it as the domain of Living in Muddy Waters. She deserves to have her own thing...and quite frankly, I think she does a pretty fantastic job of it! You can tell from reading this blog that she's a great writer. She always has been--when we were dating, she created this whole journal of messages, letters, and poems for me. It is still one of my prized possessions.

So, although you may know she's a great writer, there are many other things you may not know about her. In honor of Valentine's Day, here are some of those things...

25 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT LIVING IN MUDDY WATERS:
1. She kept me warm when it was cold (and she still does).
2. Her eyes are blue, but they have these flecks of gold in them that shine in the sunlight.
3. I love her laugh—it’s contagious.
4. She has a special place in her heart for kids that other people have labeled as “problem kids,” and they know she cares, and they respond.
5. She almost never says my name in the “angry tone” anymore.
6. She is an excellent kisser!
7. Her hair is wild, and for some reason I really like that.
8. She remembers things for me (I’m very absent-minded).
9. She tolerates my very Southern family pretty well for a Yankee.
10. She actually loves it that I’m a Southern boy.
11. She gives me props for trying to be a good dad.
12. She supported me becoming a pastor, even though it meant becoming a pastor’s wife.
13. She says she may not be a good pastor’s wife, but she’s a good wife to the pastor (I think she’s a pretty good pastor’s wife, too!).
14. I can’t describe the way I feel inside when I hear her sing. Her voice is absolutely beautiful!
15. She’s sexy, even though she’ll say she doesn’t really feel like she is.
16. She’s smart: incredibly smart, almost to the point that I think she knows my next move before I make it. It’s unnerving.
17. She’s a reader—not the same stuff I read, but that’s okay.
18. She is an incredible cook! I mean it—I get better meals at home than most restaurants can serve.
19. She makes the world’s best eggplant parmesan (I know this seems like part of #18, but it’s so good that it deserves mentioning on its own).
20. She is an awesome mother, and I never would be as good of a dad without her.
21. She strokes my hair.
22. She makes me feel like a “manly” man.
23. Instead of making me guess, she tells me what she needs.
24. She laughs with me at silly things.
25. I can’t imagine living without her.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so profoundly sweet and touching. I love hearing why it is that one partner loves another.

Happy Valentine's Day, love birds.

/ dw

Jeannie said...

I especially had to know she's a great kisser. Just in case I ever had the opportunity.

Nice - really nice post! I don't even let my husband know I've got a blog.

FreeDragon said...

How lovely. It's wonderful that you both have each other ;)

Michelle said...

Awwww! How very sweet!

tamjenic said...

Awesome post :-)

You sound like a lucky man, & she a lucky woman.

If things don't work out, I'd marry her for the eggplant parm...

Bubblewench said...

AWWW... sweet! Nice...