Sunday, February 1, 2009

FYI

I feel like I offended some people with my last post. I am sorry if I did. I really was trying to show support and understanding, not the opposite. J, I did get out of the house. E, Hubby and I went to the movies and spent the whole day as a family. DW, everybody has body issues. I wasn't trying to be funny...really. In fact, I'm pretty sure nowhere in that post was I funny. I truly was just trying to show how I went from disdain at seeing people like that to seeing just how easy it is to become like that. We all have our achilles heels.

I agonized over whether or not to write that post yesterday because I enjoy when people like what I write and when I get positive feedback. I knew this post wouldn't make me the most popular person in the blogosphere. But I also know I am nothing if not honest, and sometimes people need to hear the honest. The good is never so good if you don't taint it with some bad.

So again, I am sorry if you are someone who read my post and felt hurt by what I wrote. I really meant no offense. I am just a humble blogger who writes from the heart and has to write what is swirling around in my head before I can move on to the next topic. I have two days off from work to work from home and nothing dramatic happened at church today, so hopefully the drama that is my life will calm down for awhile and I will be able to move on to some happier topics. No more rants and rambles for at least 3 days. I promise!

8 comments:

Jeannie said...

You go ahead and say whatever you want. If someone is offended, oh well. I say a lot of offensive things because the blogosphere is one place I don't have to be politically correct. It's not that I mean to be offensive but if the truth hurts - or what I perceive to be the truth...well, teach me otherwise or suck it up.

I don't think you were offensive anyway. You are afraid of becoming morbidly obese. I don't care what your body image is, morbidly obese is very unhealthy and shouldn't be accepted any more than walking around on an unset broken leg.

If we have to accept people who eat far more than their share of food without comment then we should not say anything about drug addicts, alcoholics, the promiscuous, gamblers or anyone else who lets something get out of control.

starsimplified said...

I agree with the last comment! After all, this is YOUR blog, and, if you're like me, writing about hopes and fears often serves as a way of dealing with them. I don't think your last post was offensive at all. If others do, that's their problem. Your writing is expressive and honest and I hope you just keep being you. I just recently discovered your blog and love it!

Anonymous said...

I don't see how your post was offensive at all. I reread it several times and still missed it. Oh well. One of my favorite bloggers is Lyn from Escape From Obesity http://www.escapefromobesity.blogspot.com/

Even if you are not morbidly obese the blog is still enlightening and informative. Lyn is a courageous woman trying to lose weight and really looks at the emotional aspect of weight loss.

I also suffer from depression and anxiety- it is NOT as simple as pulling yourself up by the bootstraps. Whoever posted that was wrong.

I have taken various medications but had a lot of bad reactions to them. What is really helpful is talk therapy. My therapist helps we work through issues and learn coping mechanisms.

Good luck. You have a lot on your plate. Take care of yourself!

Amanda

Bubblewench said...

Nothing offensive at all in that post. and if someone finds something offisive? F them.

This is YOUR blog and you should not worry about offending anyone.

cbrks12 said...

I liked your 'offensive' post and as someone who struggles with weight, depression, and life issues - I can see what you were saying. This is a place where you can write what you want to. After all, there are as many people nodding along in agreement that don't comment as there are people that troll blogs looking for a reason to be offended. Chill...be free....rant on. If it doesn't come out here, you know you are going to get another Thickburger. :)

catherine said...

I saw those shows too, and they scared the crap out of me. I'm 5'9' and over 330 lbs. 200 lbs over what I was 10 years ago. Just a lot of depression, job loss and comfort eating got me into this state and I can't seem to get out of it. Your post says exactly how I feel but couldn't express.
And fat acceptance has Nothing to do with it! I can't climb a set of stairs without stopping for breath, my knees hurt, my feet hurt. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest and I am scared I'm going to have a heart attack. I don't want to die.
I have tried to talk to my doctor about depression and anxiety, and he told me it was all in my head. So I havn't seen him in 5 years. He keeps asking my DH how I am doing, so maybe he has changed his attitude. I have to do something.

Keep writing the way you do, this is your blog, If some people don't like it they can leave, don't let the doorknob hit them in the ass on the way out ;)

UnrulyDuckling said...

I'm glad you wrote that post. Although I'm overweight myself, I'm generally happy and healthy, and it would be easy to look at morbidly obese people as some weird anomaly. But, your perspective definitely illuminated for me how it could happen to someone - anyone - including me. Anytime I can learn to understand and relate to people better, especially people different from me, I'm grateful for the opportunity.

Amy said...

Thank you for your honest post. I found nothing offensive (or funny) in it and I appreciated your writing.