Saturday, December 13, 2008

Two Thumbs Up

If you are looking for a good movie to watch with a loved one this holiday season, check out Elizabethtown. It stars Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst. The first 15 minutes are complete drivel and mind-numbing, but if you make it through that, it turns into a really funny and heartfelt movie that perfectly shows my relationship with my in-laws to a T.

I'm still struggling through some stuff so I don't have a lot to post, but a high point of my week was when the lead teacher decided to put a lit candle in a little self-contained lantern on a small table at waist level with the 3, 4 and 5 year olds. I didn't think it was a good idea, but she overruled me, of course. So do you want to guess how many children were burnt? Two children burned their hands and one of my little 4 years olds whose own mother says she is a space cadet burned her MOUTH. Why she put her mouth on it, I don't know, but again I say: WHY WON'T PEOPLE EVER LISTEN TO ME?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More to your previous post, but hope you find other ways to deal with your stress ( former emotional eater here)

Identify your stressors and examine how you react to the them. Identify alternate strategies. Maybe journal about your feelings.

Things I do other than eat:

I moved the laptop out of the dining room so that I don't surf & eat :-)

Read books
Crochet
Exercise - even a nice brisk walk clears the mind
sex
make simple meals for the family - dealing with it more as fuel, necessity rather than something to obsess about.
I've been meaning to try meditation - maybe that'll be my new years resolution

the holidays can be a depressing time - your reality rarely lives up to the ideal that you feel you should be experiencing.

hope things go better for you-

~tamjenic

P.S. Moronic coworkers are everywhere