Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Smarter Than A Second Grade Teacher?

My daughter's second grade teacher is a real piece of work. I have nothing good to say about her and now she can do nothing right in my eyes. But tonight I really blew a gasket when my daughter came home and told me that she was told she got a sentence wrong on her spelling homework. Her word was "brake." She was supposed to use brake in reference to a device that stops a machine or vehicle. Her sentence was:

"Alice lost the brake off of her scooter. "
Alice can't stop now because she DOESN'T HAVE A BRAKE! She was marked wrong for that and for using the word "brand" incorrectly. Her sentence was:
"I got brand new Christmas stockings."
That one I might overlook, but BRAKE! ARGH!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry your daughter's teacher is so stupid.

Sorry your lead teacher is so stupid ("you don't kiss my @ss enough, waaah")

I think you are too hard on yourself, but you sound like you have more idiots in you life than I do.

~Tamjenic

Anonymous said...

You are way smarter than this teacher. You are way smarter than your boss. I don't even know you, but I venture you may be smarter than I am, as well!

Keep your chin up. The world is full of stupid, annoying people. Sad, but true.

/dw

eitgc said...

That is terrible! I hate to think what other 'mistakes' she believes the children are making in her class.

That teacher must be related to my brother's kindergarten teacher, who advised my mother that he had spelled double incorrectly - it should have been dubble ....

Green said...

What's wrong with brand new christmas stockings (asked the Jew)? That sentence works.