Monday, December 15, 2008

As If It Wasn't Enough

My boss told me today that we need to sit down and talk in the morning tomorrow because she "doesn't enjoy working with me. That I am unapproachable, stern and that she doesn't feel like she can talk to me." This is the same woman who told me that when I wore my hair in a ponytail I made her uncomfortable because I looked too "stern" (again with the stern). I stopped wearing my hair up to try to appease her but refuse to do that anymore after the lice scare.

I don't even know what to do now. This is like the pot calling the kettle black. I have tried to enage this woman in conversation. I have asked her questions. I have tried to make her laugh. She has always remained standoffish. She has been critical of me and made me feel two feet tall. Maybe I do look stern, but wouldn't you? So now do I just sit there tomorrow morning and take whatever she has to say and just try to get through it or do I fight back, have my say but make my situation miserable until my contract runs out in June? It's not like this is exactly the best economy to be looking to a new job in even then.

I can't breathe. Will somebody please open the lid to this box I am in and let me out?

2 comments:

Bubblewench said...

Damn woman.. just catching up. Boy you are going through a tough season. I am sending you lots of hugs and love and know that YOU ARE SPECIAL. And better then her. Period.

ty-ping said...

FIGHT!