Friday, October 17, 2008

Why I Moved My Blog and the Meaning of Muddy Waters

I know some of you are wondering why my move to a new blog page and what happened to my old blog. Being a pastor's wife forces me to maintain a sort of anonymity. Things that I put in my blog should not be able to be directly traced back to me, but that is just what happened. I put too much personal information in the last blog and a vindictive person had a chance to take advantage of that, so I deleted anything that might be incriminating or cause my husband strife.

On my old business website, some strange anonymous email started coming through that was vaguely violent and sexual. I had no way of tracing it and it kind of freaked me out. But I brushed it off as just some spammer phishing. On Sunday, however, I received the same email through my former blog site and realized it was coming from someone who knew me. The person I suspect it of being is not very stable and I just couldn't take the chance that she might out me. That's why I choose a site where I can monitor who is monitoring me. So, some slight drama, but not enough to worry me.

As for the name, Hubby went to a church while he was on his retreat where they "called the Holy One" by praying to the four corners and burning sage and sweetgrass. They then went on to play Grateful Dead music and preach on Muddy Waters. The pastor talked about how we sometimes can't see our way out of muddy waters, but it's all water and water is life and everyone swims in it eventually. That is exactly where I am in my life right now and so I stole his stuff. Thanks, Howard, wherever you are.

1 comment:

Bubblewench said...

Nice analogy.. I think it fits. Sorry you've been 'outed' and I'm really sorry someone has taken to send you threatening emails

People really suck.